This article covers topics that are often hotspots in a demo or while evaluating WikiTraccs as migration tool.
🔥 How does a Confluence migration to SharePoint look like?
- Watch a video showing the whole process of migrating from Confluence to SharePoint with WikiTraccs: Getting Started.
- Get more broader input for your migration process planning and validation: Migration Playbook.
🔥 How to test WikiTraccs? How does purchasing and licensing WikiTraccs work?
- You find everyting around the free WikiTraccs Trial Version, the paid WikiTraccs Full Edition, and much more in the FAQ section of the Pricing page.
🔥 How to get started? How to install WikiTraccs? Prerequisites?
- The video on this pages covers the download and start of WikiTraccs: Getting Started.
- Registering the Azure AD application - why we need it and how it can be configured - is covered in this blog post: Registering WikiTraccs as app in Azure AD.
- Confluence versions 6, 7 and 8 are supported; with Confluence Cloud your mileage might vary (see issue #24)
🔥 What can be migrated by WikiTracs? What do the results look like?
- Have a look at the features page for a complete and detailled list of what can and cannot be migrated: Features.
- Get a visual insight of migration results here: Migration Samples.
- A primer on what to expect from WikiTraccs (and what not to expect) is this post: What to expect from WikiTraccs?.
- Migrating Confluence images is covered here, with great visual detail:
- Setting the right expectations regarding Confluence macros is what this blog post does: What about those Confluence Macros?
- A list of macros and how they are migrated can be found here: Known Macros.
🔥 How to migrate permissions, and metadata like page authors and dates?
- Migrating permissions is possible, although it only makes sense in some cases; more details here: Mapping principals and migrating permissions.
- Migrating page authors, editors, creation and modification dates is possible with the right permissions; this is bound to the Azure AD app registration and covered in this section: Are there alternatives to those permissions?
- How to map users and groups from Confluence to SharePoint users and groups is covered in Mapping Confluence users and groups to SharePoint.
🔥 What about delta migrations? How to update migrated pages?
- WikiTraccs won’t touch SharePoint pages that are already migrated; you can delete SharePoint pages and re-start the migration and WikiTraccs will create them again. (Feature Request)
🔥 How can I stay up-to-date about new releases?
- You should turn on notifications about new releases on GitHub. You’ll never miss a new release.
- You can subscribe to the blog RSS feed, although this is more to be up to date in general, independent of specific releases.
🌳 How to replicate most-wanted Confluence functionality?
- Page Breadcrumb: WikiPakk creates a dynamic breadcrumb for every page
- Page Tree: WikiPakk offers a page tree in SharePoint that resembles what users know from Confluence
Last modified July 12, 2023