The required endpoints are documented in the Endpoint reference.
The WikiTraccs GUI allows to test the connection to Confluence and to SharePoint. Select the Test Connection buttons to test.
Messages about blocked connections might look like this:
NoteUser interface subject to change.
How to handle blocked Google Chrome WebDriver endpoints
NoteThese instructions were written before Google changed the ChromeDriver version matching in Chrome version 115. Those instructions would need an update to be usable for Chrome version 115 and up. Get in touch if you are in a situation were this would be valuable for you.
WikiTraccs tries to detect and download the right Chrome WebDriver for the version of Chrome it finds (or which is configured to be used via the
If auto-detection or download fails then manual configuration is necessary. Specifically two configuration options must be set:
Follow these steps to determine the right values:
- Open the Chrome browser
- Open Chrome -> (Three Dot Menu) -> Help -> About Google Chrome
- Take note of the version (e.g. 86.0.4240.75)
- Open https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/LATEST_RELEASE_# in a browser, with # replaced by the version from the previous step, minus the last part; so in this example the URL would be https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/LATEST_RELEASE_86.0.4240 (it will be different for you)
- A web page opens and shows a single number (e.g. 86.0.4240.22) - this is the value you need to use as value for the
- Now open https://chromedriver.chromium.org/downloads in a browser and search for the section ChromeDriver # where # is the version from the previous step, which in our case looks like this:
Find the right ChromeDriver version
- Choose the headline which takes you to the download page for this ChromeDriver version:
Download ChromeDriver for your platform
- Download the right zip file for your platform (Windows, Mac or Linux); the zip contains a single file (
chromedriver), which is the WebDriver
- Extract this single file to a folder; the path to this folder is the value for
NoteRefer to the settings page on where to put those configuration values.
ImportantBackslashes need to be escaped in your
appsettings.jsonis a JSON file. That means every single backslash \ becomes a double backslash \\.
Now WikiTraccs skips the WebDriver version check and download. This should resolve connectivity issues to those endpoints.